Please click here for Printable Version.
Please click here for the Tobacco Newsletter
The goal of the Tobacco Prevention Program is to show a reduction of tobacco use
by students in RESA VIII as measured by the WV Youth Tobacco Survey, the WV Youth
Risk Behavior Survey and county level Pride Needs Assessment
Program Objectives :
- Implement the N-O-T Cessation Program in at least 4 schools in
RESA VIII by the end of the 2006-2007 school year.
- Implement the LST curriculum to at least 90% of students in RESA
VIII schools, grades 6-8. Provide tobacco education to 100% of students
in RESA VIII schools regarding the effects of tobacco use.
- Increase youth involvement and peer education as compared to the
FY 2006 RESA VIII Report on Tobacco Prevention, by having a minimum of
one active Raze Crew per county by the end of the 2007 school year.
- Show a
reduction of tobacco use on school property as reported by YRBS, YTS and
WEVIS tobacco violations report in RESA VIII.
- Signs posted at entrance of athletic fields
- Announcements will be made at all extra-curricular events
- Facts will be printed in sports program
- Life Skills Training for new staff
- Life Skills Booster Training
- Raze Training for Students and Adult Advisors
- Training for NOT/ATS Facilitators
Any questions or comments should be directed to:
Please use the following mailing address:
P.O. Box 213
Petersburg, West Virginia 26847